Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Well....

I figure I should update this because I have nothing else to do. I was trying to hold off as long as I could but I figure it's time.
It's been hard for our family to get into the holiday spirit with the passing of my brothers close friend. I got home from college the day of the funeral and found about 15 teenagers at my house spending time together after the funeral. It's hard to get happy about Christmas when someone you know really well and spent a lot of time with is gone. I've been sending a decent amount of pictures from my cell phone to facebook lately and every time I do, I see Garrick's name right next to facebook's. I'm never going to delete his number out of my contact list. Out of all my brother's friends, Garrick was the one that I texted the most, mainly to get ahold of Jake before he got a cell phone. But sometimes we would just text each other to make fun of Jake haha, he was a funny kid. It is tough, it's been almost two weeks since he passed, but it's hard to get over. Life will never be the same for my family, mainly my little brother. Plans that they had together are no longer a possiblity, it's just really sad.
We put up the Christmas tree on Sunday and put lights up on the house on Monday, it has helped a little bit, but it still feels like something is missing. 

1 comment:

Nicci said...

I know that's hard - I'd keep the number in my phone too.
That's why I love the gospel so much! You'll see him again!