Friday, February 20, 2009

The Waiting Game

So here I am, Friday night, waiting for a kid to call me. I need to get some quotes from him for an article that I'm writing for the school paper. I've already had 3 articles in this semester, and it just adds to the stress level that I already have thanks to my other classes. Oh well.

I went down to Salt Lake on Tuesday with a group of about 15 students for the Intermountain Sports and Entertainment Fair. All the sports teams in the Salt Lake area were there, like the Jazz, the Bees, the Real Salt Lake and some others that aren't as prominent. Well, I was expecting a lot more out of it haha. When we got there, our group made up about 1/3 of the people there haha, and instead of booths, there were just plain tables set up with a piece of paper on it that said what team that person represented. I talked to a few teams,  but the team that I talked with the most was the Jazz. They only have 1 internship they are looking for at the moment, and it's in sales. The guy seemed to like me and gave me his business card and told me to send another resume if I was interested. So we'll see what happens with that, it's probably a pretty competitive internship. I have been planning on going to Reno this summer with my roommate Luke to install security systems for APX, it'll probably still happen.

After the business fair was over, my Aunt Alison picked me up and we went out to eat and I got some amazing Thai food, only the second time I've had Thai, it was amazing! After that, Alison dropped me off at Energy Solutions Arena (formerly known as the Delta Center) and I went to a Jazz game. The Jazz played the Grizzlies, so we were expecting it to be a lame game, but the Grizzlies made it close. 

I came back to Rexburg on Wednesday and had to get back into school after having 5 days off.  It's kind of hard getting back into it after that many days off, but whatever. It's still school, I still don't like it a whole lot, but I only have 1 year left, so that's good at least.

Well, that kid still hasn't called me, he said he would around 7:00 and now it is 8:00, what a punk haha, jk. My editor isn't gonna be so happy if I can't get my story done haha, oh well, I already did a small article for this week, it might be enough to make her
 happy. I'm thirsty, time for a drink, laters!

Jazz win!


Picture of the Rexburg Temple I took a week or two ago

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Writing about sports---such a great job to have! You should work for SportsCenter some day...that would be sweet. So every time I hear about the Utah Jazz I think about the time we all went down to a game (I think we were like in 3rd grade or something) and you fell asleep on the way back and took up the entire bus seat and I had to basically sit on the floor! haa...thanks :) And I left all my awesome Jazz paraphernalia on the bus...sad. :(

Whoah--long comment, sorry. Just thought I would share that memory. :)

Nicci said...

cool temple pic

Green River High School said...

Hey Man!!! How are ya? Sorry it took me forever to add your blog - that is what happens when I get older! Jk.

mmdd said...

Great temple picture...

mindy dibb