Thursday, February 5, 2009

Oh, It's February

Well, I decided to put another entry in. It's been a few days and the Super Bowl has come and gone. What I expected to happen did. I'm pretty proud of myself, the Super Bowl preview story I wrote for the school paper was almost dead on to what happened in the game, oh yeah! But now that football is over, I want baseball to start already haha. 

Something to look forward to is a trip I have coming up to Salt Lake. In a week and a half I'm gonna go down with a bunch of students who are interested in working around athletic teams. We're gonna go to a Jazz game and then go to a job fair that'll have all the sports teams in the area, including the Jazz, the Real Salt Lake, the athletics departments from BYU, U of U and Utah State, the Salt Lake Bees, and I think 1 or 2 others. I'm pretty excited about that. I would love to work for just one team, so it'll be interesting to see what all the different teams have to say.

Oh yeah, something new started up too in my life, dodgeball!!!! We had our first game of the semester yesterday, and we won of course. But it's really funny how into it some people get, just like the kid we played against yesterday. He started getting mad, so we started laughing at him, which made him even more angry. One time he kicked a ball really hard and it was hilarious. I was like "Wow! Did you see how hard he kicked that!?" hahaha! Then he kept on talkin' crap and one of my teammates told him to shut up and play, and after that he put his finger in my teammates face and said "Don't tell me to shut up!" Haha, that was funny too. So we are 1-0, we didn't play that great, but good enough for the win. Our team also wears ugly vests, it's funny haha, I went and got mine at the D.I. haha, it's niiiiiiiiiice. 

School is kind of a pain at the moment, but I'm pushing through it. I can't wait for it to be over with. I like being in Rexburg, but I don't like doing the school work. How weird haha. Oh well.

Tomorrow there'll be a concert here in Rexburg. It'll be a benefit concert for a girl that goes to school here that had a vein burst in her head while she was in a class. I'm going for sure, to support the girl and to hear some good music, Allred is playing, they're pretty good, i've listened to them online.

But speaking of music, recently I've been listening to a lot of Muse. The song I've been listening to the most is Supermassive Black Hole, it's pretty rockin'. And during Christmas break, I saw the music video for Knights of Cydonia for the first time, and it was one of the sweetest music videos I've ever seen haha, it's pretty epic. 



Well, I'll leave it at that, I'm pretty proud of this entry, it's some-what long haha.

3 comments:

Derek said...

nice song selection my friend

mmdd said...

Love Dodgeball! Someday we'll have to play and I'll whip ya!

Do good,
Cousin Mindy D.

Megan said...

So my little brother loves Supermassive Black Hole, and it's so fun to watch him get into it. My favorite part is when he sings in almost the same voice as the singer, "I thought I was a fool for no one, but oh, lately I'm a fool for you." Yeah. It's a good song.