Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I have a job/internship for the summer

Well I finally stopped being lazy and went in and got my internship, which is paid, so it's a job too i guess haha. I'm gonna be interning for The Daily Rocket-Miner, the largest newspaper in Western Wyoming. That's a lot bigger that The Scroll at BYU-Idaho that I was writing for.

I'm gonna be interning with the sports writer, which is what I want to be, and so far things are going good. I've been working for 3 days now, and after my 2nd day of work I had an article that I wrote and picture that I took in the Saturday edition of the paper. The article and photo were from a high school girls soccer game haha, not what I had in mind when I wanted to be a sports writer, but it was actually pretty fun.

So once the high schools are out and track and soccer are finished, it's gonna be a pretty laid-back summer, i'll mainly be covering the local American Legion baseball teams, most likely mainly the team in Green River.

So things are going good, hooray! haha

1 comment:

Marisha said...

Good for you! Congrats! I've been home for 3 months and still don't have a job!